I almost – almost – considered tweeting something “foolish” today (like “ZOMG PREGNANT!!1one!1″) but figured that’s too typical. And then I got distracted so I never posted anything. So hopefully you were happily “fooled” and/or amused by other shenanigans today. :D
Also since it is April 1st, it is the first day of the Sarai’s List Blogging Challenge! A bunch of us over at Snark Forums have decided to use fellow member Sarai’s list of blogging ideas to motivate us to blog once a day (or a week in some cases) and hopefully make it more of an enjoyable habit! I’ve chosen topic #10, Your Favorite Recipe. An easy one, I know… but it’s late into the evening and I was busy today ok?! D:<
ON WITH IT. So my current favorite recipe is a to die for delicious potato soup made in a slow cooker. What makes it even better is that you can whip up a huge batch and freeze it in several gallon-size bags for an easy dinner fix when you don’t think you’ll want to (or have time to) cook a full meal. It’s also heavenly to walk into the house after it’s been cooking all day long. :9
Slow Cooker Potato Soup (freezable!)
This is how I prepare the soup in freezable batches (you will need 3 one gallon bags):
- 5lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, diced & unpeeled
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 10 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat “NeufchÃ¢tel”)
- 1 Tablespoons Lawryâ€™s Seasoned Salt
- Divide all ingredients ( cream cheese) evenly into each bag. Seal and freeze. EASY!
- To prepare for cooking, let a bag thaw slightly overnight in the fridge.
- In the mroning, dump bag contents into the slow cooker (4-6qt). It’s ok if it’s still frozen!
- Turn setting to LOW and cook for 6-8 hours. I usually do 8 because I work during the day!
- After the 6-8 hours, add the softened cream cheese.
- Allow to melt, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- AND DONE! I love to eat this with crusty bread. Carbolicious!
For more instructions on how to cook the recipe without freezing, see Once A Month Mom, which is an awesome site FULL of great recipes for freezable slow cooker meals. It’s easy to get addicted to cooking like this, because all you have to do is a couple hours of prep and you could make 2-3 weeks worth of easy dinners!
I love it! And I might have to go get ingredients for this again soon… :9
Topic: “Your favorite recipe” from the Chiklita Blogging Challenge